The Funders Collaborative helps form corridor-wide working groups and community partnerships to work strategically toward achieving the outcomes expressed in our vision for the Central Corridor. Through investment in these groups, we encourage learning, planning and effective implementation of the shared solutions they develop.
The Funders Collaborative is committed to five values for building shared solutions:
- Participation - Corridor-wide strategies are most effective when created through partnerships that incorporate community resident-led planning and include participation by government, business, advocates, foundations, and neighborhood institutions.
- Fairness - Everyone in the neighborhoods affected by development should be treated fairly and benefits should include the interests of low-income residents.
- Comprehensive Solutions -The best approaches recognize inter-related issues, cross-geographic boundaries and reflect shared aspirations.
- Sustainability - Social and economic benefits are more enduring and deeply felt when they consider, and are integrated with, environmental goals.
- Healthy Living - Optimal community health is achieved when there is a deliberate connection between health and social, economic and environmental solutions.