by: Kyle Mianulli, Saint Anthony Park Community Council
January 16, 2014
Well-regarded filmmakers, photographers and artists will come together Friday, January 24, for an interactive evening of learning, growth and creative exchange in the Creative Enterprise Zone.
Produced in conjunction with Works Progress, Give & Take events have become popular opportunities for creative people of all types to gather, socialize, learn and inspire each other. It’s a simple way to tap into the creativity and passion of individuals to create more engaged and resilient communities.
This Give & Take will showcase the Creative Enterprise Zone. Located mid-city between Saint Paul and Minneapolis, and traditionally home to makers of all kinds, the Creative Enterprise Zone has the goal to be a recognized center of creativity and enterprise, a place where more people make a living by their creative capacities. As all of the presenters will demonstrate, this community is dynamic, intriguing and surprising.
Every Give & Take CREATIVE ENTERPRISE ZONE happens in a different part of the neighborhood. This event is at 2400 University Avenue West, the former site of the Gremlin Theatre.
This Give & Take will feature short interactive presentations from photographers, filmmakers, poets & creative entrepreneurs responding to the theme “Picturing the CEZ,” including:
- Matt Ehling, John Whitehead, Brenda Piekarski and John Sims on collaborative filmmaking.
- Photographer Steve Wewerka presenting Mobile Phone Photography 101.
- Mai C. Vang on founding Chaos Art Gallery & Studio.
- Independent Filmmaker Project MN on resources for film and media artists in the CEZ and beyond.
This event is free and open to the public. Please join us:
Friday, January 24
7:00-8:30 pm (doors open at 6:30 pm)
2400 University Avenue
Photos (from top):
1. Give & Take participants socialize, and connect over their creative interests at the last Give & Take event at TU Dance, 2121 University Avenue West. Kyle Mianulli
2. A main goal of Give & Take events in the Creative Enterprise Zone is to share ideas for how to build a resilient creative community. Kyle Mianulli
3. Give & Take attendees participate in interactive presentations designed to get creative juices flowing, lead by Toni Pierce-Sands and Uri Sands of TU Dance. Kyle Mianulli